Saturday, December 11, 2010

LOW FLOW ON THE STYX

Dispite being very low Isaac, Whity (Andrew White) and Benis (Ben Algie) and myself went up the Styx for a run. Whity and Benis were making somewhat of a comeback to the kayaking seen after a lengthy layoff. For Whity, Ben and myself it was a bit of a reunion of sorts after not paddling together since studying back in 2006!

Isaac Leading the charge on the walk in.

Whity starting to remember what it like to walk in with a boat on board.

At least the side creeks were not dry as Whity takes on some H2o.
After getting to the top it seemed that there would be enough water for a run down.

Isaac and myself having a look a bit further up.
And after much discussion on where to go this is what happened. And giving the camera to Benis this is what he got.

Howie
Isaac

Myself on the first major drop. After almost deciding not to run this due to the large rock half way down I managed to hit a good line and got a sweet boof at the end. Isaac took control of the camera for the series of photos that follow.


Isaac back in his boat making his way through the numerous boulder gardens.


Normally it is me following Ben's line but after some time off the water it was Benis watching my line but after having a look he fired it up. Good to see him back in his boat afer 4 year layoff and it did not even look like he's been out of if! I will be following him again very soon I suspect.
Isaac finding a boof.

Whity

good to see Ben has not lost the facials as well.



No comments:

Post a Comment